Monday, June 28, 2010

Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin


Tonight I did some pork tenderloin on the BGE and it was excellent. Not sure why I have not done more with tenderloin, but I will in the future.

Tonights meal was simple. I first marinated the tenderloin for about 4 hours in some Soy Vay Teriyaki marinade. You could easily do this for 24 hours if you were so inclined. Next step was to fire the grill up to about 350-375 degrees prepped for an indirect cook. I also added some cherry wood for a little smoke flavor.




I cooked the tenderloin for about 35-40 min until the internal temp reached 150 degrees. I then removed the plate setter and left the egg open to get some flame going and put a little char (and I mean little) on the pork before pulling it off, taking it in, slicing it up, and devouring it!



There was too much meat for just my wife and I so it looks like someone just scored some pork biscuits for breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. I love cherry wood and pork together. When it comes my time to go, I hope it's in a cherry forest fire surrounded by a herd of Berkshire piggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Brent. I haven't tried cherry wood before. For that matter, it's been a very long time since I did pork tenderloin. In fact, I believe the last time was on my gasser several years ago. It may be time . . . Good looking cook!

    ReplyDelete