Saturday, July 24, 2010

New York Pizza

First let me say this is not a post about me making real New York pizza.....I wish it were! I just got back from a week in the Big Apple for a mixture of business & pleasure and I got to take in some of the best pizza in the country. My three favorites are John's, Lombardi's, and Grimaldi's.

So having been away from my egg and wanting to do something rather quick, I decided to cook some pizza. Now I was a bit lazy tonight and just went with the pre-made crust. Partially to add some NY flare, and partially because I felt bad about using the pre-made crust, I used fresh chucks on mozzarella on one pizza. Ripping the mozzarella by hand and placing it on the pizza to melt in the oven is the way that they do it at Lombardi's and it definitely made a big difference to all those present. I will no longer be using the bags of shredded cheese, that is for sure. Man, I love pizza!


1 comment:

  1. I have no problem cheating on the crust at all, sometimes it's just a necessary shortcut. That one with chunks does look appealing but I'd enjoy either one, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete