Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Whole Chicken

My wife and I invited my parents and sisters to come over and eat with us last night and I was looking for something good and easy to whip up. I decided chicken was the best option. Instead of going with the beer can route or the spatchcock option, I simply threw two whole chickens on the grill and it was simple and tasty.


Basically all I did was take to whole, young chickens, rinse them off and then pat them dry. I then coated them with EVOO and rubbed them down with a good BBQ rub.


I then threw them on the Egg for an indirect cook at about 375 degrees for approximately 1 hour. For the record, I would prefer to cook the birds a little lower and slower, but I was not able to break away from work to allow myself enough time. So despite the slightly rushed cook, the chicken turned out beautiful and I carved it up and served it with some sauteed veggies and potatoes. Very nice and very simple! I am about to head out on the road for work quite a bit this summer so cooking opportunies are not going to present themselves as often as I would like so quick and easy options on the egg are going to be what I have to bank on.

6 comments:

  1. Souza Chicken is a largest suppliers and Exporters of chicken, Broiler chicken, fresh chicken, chicken products and hatching eggs in Mangalore India.http://souzahatch.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get enough time to cook here and there at least.

    How did the meat turn out compared to low and slow, was it much of a difference? It looks fine in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually could not tell much of a difference in the tenderness/juiciness of the meat. At the end of the day, the temp still stayed around 350 or a little more so it was not like I really blazed it, but I think I would always prefer to play it safe and cook it a little longer and slower to ensure the best. But all in all I did not notice much difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chicken feet suppliers, frozen chicken suppliers, frozen chicken exporters, Broiler feed, chicken portion exporters, Whole Chicken, Whole Chicken pieces. Whole Chicken Griller. Whole Chicken broilerhttp://souzahatch.com/products.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. frozen chicken supplis, frozen chicken exporters, Whole Chicken pieces, Whole Chicken, Broiler feed, Whole Chicken, Griller, chicken feet suppliers, chicken feet exporters, Whole boneless chicken, Whole Chicken broiler, Whole Chicken Griller
    http://souzahatch.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete