Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Cookout

Well, I have to be honest when I say this year's father's day did not go as scripted. With work issues on the brain and a very sick daughter keeping my wife and I up for basically 48 straight hours, I almost bailed on cooking all together. I was supposed to do ribs for a larger group, but it ended up just being my wife and I, (and our screaming children) eating wings. I did a batch for my wife and then I did some BBQ wings for me, to try a little something different. After rinsing the wings off, I coated them lightly with EVOO and then dusted them with John Henry's hot wings seasoning. I then cooked the wings direct on about 300 for approximately 30 to 40 min and then kicked up the temp to about 400 degrees for the last 10 min or so to crisp them up. After that, the wings with the rub on them went swimming in some Suck Creek Wings Spicy BBQ sauce......delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the "goings on" around the house. At least the wings looked like they turned out great. Hope the daughter is feeling better soon, that is so stressful for a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Yeah, nothing is any fun when somebody's sick. You do your best and it gets better. Sometimes a little home cooking is all it takes.

    I've not tried either the JH hot wing seasoning or the SCW spicy bbq sauce. Got to give them a go sometime. Have you tried SCW WFR sauce? I have a bottle sitting in the cupboard taunting me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried the wfr sauce....that is what I use as the hot sauce in my BBQ sauce. I really like the Suck Creek Wings company.

    ReplyDelete