Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wing Sampler!


I was trying to figure out what type of chicken wings I wanted to cook for lunch and I could not decide, so I cooked three different kinds. I did Sweet Soy Wings (see last post), Traditional Buffalo Wings, and Spicy BBQ Wings.

I cooked the wings indirect at 300 degrees for approx. 45 min turning every 15 min or so. Then I removed the plate setter and cooked the wings direct increasing the temp to about 425 degrees for another 10 min or so just to crisp them up.

I had the Sweet Soy Sauce along with the other two sauces heating up on low during the cook and when the wings were done I let them go "swimming" in each sauce. The Buffalo wing sauce that I used was the mild Suck Creek Wings sauce (my favorite) and I also used the Suck Creek Wings Spicy BBQ sauce.

At the end of the day I had several of each type and they were all excellent. It was hard to pick a favorite. Great meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment