Thursday, January 28, 2010

Meat and Potato!

I have been out of town a lot recently and I was getting the itch to throw some red meat on a fire and in a wonderful stroke of luck, my buddy who runs the blog Macon Dinner (www.macondinner.blogspot.com), posted his most recent cook of filet mignon and baked potato and it looked so good I was reminded that imitation is the best form of flattery. So filet and baked potato it was for me!

I bought two smallish filets from the store and came home and basically kept it pretty simple. I rubbed the steaks down with a little kosher salt, black pepper, and Tony C's for a little kick.



The next step is to fire up the Egg to 700+ degrees. Take it from me, you want to becareful of a flame this hot! Sear the steaks for about 2-3 minutes per side.



After you have seared both sides, it is time to shut down all vents and basically let the steaks bake in the trapped heat of the egg. I do that for about another 5 minutes or until the meat reaches approximately 140 degrees, which in my opinion is a very nice medium rare to medium. The steaks have a nice crisp exterior while still being wonderfully juicy. I like to put a little bit of garlic butter on top of the steak and let melt but I did not do that this time as we were in a hurry. This is more for presentation anyway, but isnt that a large part of the fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment