Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pizza Rolls

Tomorrow is my father's birthday and the day after is my sisters, so we all got together tonight at the house to have a birthday dinner. My father is nearly as big of a pizza fan as I am so there was not really any question about what he would want me to cook. He has never had my pizza so I planned on doing a sausage & pepperoni thick crust pizza (my favorite) but I did not want to have the hassle of doing multiple pizzas on the BGE. That presented a problem as one pizza is not enough for everyone.

Well, it just so happens the night before a buddy of mine was telling me about a favorite dish of his that his wife cooks....Pizza Rolls (I will refrain from making a joke about Geno's here). I thought I would give them a whirl.

I bought two Pillsbury thin crust pizza crusts and rolled them out on a greased cookie sheet. I then coverd the crust with a light coating of egg whites, added a very light amount of sauce and multiple toppings, and then rolled the crust back up. I then brushed more egg whites on the outside of the rolls and stuck them in the over for about 15 min at 400 degrees.


One roll was just cheese and one was a BBQ chicken roll. I sliced the rolls up and served the cheese roll with marinara on the side and the BBQ chicken roll with BBQ sauce on the side.



These were excellent and made for excellent appetisers, and coupled with my go to pizza, there was plenty of good food for everyone.

3 comments: