Saturday, February 13, 2010

Soy Vay Terriyaki Chicken

On Thursday night we tried a little something different. First a friend of mine has been raving about this Soy Vay Veri Veri Terriyaki sauce that he found in the Asian section of his grocery store, so we tried that. Second, everything I read says that if you really want to cook good chicken (especially for BBQ purposes) you are cooking chicken thighs. We have never really cooked thighs. So I thought I would give the two a try.



I marinated 4 chicken thighs overnight in the Soy Vay Terriyaki sauce www.soyvay.com and then cooked them indirect at around 270 degrees for about an hour or so. I cooked them skin side down for about 20 min and then flipped them over and left them alone. I am not sure this made much difference. When the internal temp reached 170 degrees, I moved the thighs over the flame, skin side down, to crisp up the skin.



This chicken combined with some Asian rice or noodles is an excellent meal. I also reccommend using the Soy Vay as a dipping sauce with the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment