Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pale Ale Beer Bread


If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then I am definently flattering Gray because I stole this recipe directly from his blog Grill Knuckles. To that end, I am not going to repost the ingredients here, so if you are interested go check out the post on his blog. I only strayed from the original recipe in one instance, I used a good ol' Southern Sweet Water 420 extra pale ale. The pale ale makes for a nice twist to beer bread.

(You know I am going to have to try a Guinness Beer Bread very soon.)



After mixing all the ingredients and scraping them into oiled loaf dish, I put the bread on the Egg for an hour at 350 degrees. We are celebrating my mother-in-law's birthday tomorrow and I thought we might enjoy some bread with the cook out. Tomorrow we will see how many ribs one man can possibly cook at one time on a large BGE.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definently liked it. It was a bit mixed however amoungst the crowd. No one did not like it but I got a couple "interesting" comments from people who were not expecting the pale ale taste. I want to do it again and I think next time I will try a Guinness or some other stout. I definently like that you can use the same recipe and just change the beer and have a completely different taste.

    ReplyDelete