Sunday, May 15, 2011

Gone Fishing!


I am fresh off a deep sea fishing trip with some friends and took some time to enjoy the fruits of our labor with some grilled amberjack filets. An excellent time was had by all.....well, except for this poor guy who turned into dinner tonight!


Just getting home I needed to do something quickly, so I basically used a simple marinade of a mixture of things that I had at my disposal, primarily Italian dressing. I set the grill up for a direct cook at 400 degrees and cooked the fish directly on the grate.


After about 10 min, I pulled the fish off because it was starting to flake. I served the fish with some twice baked potatoes that we had and just had to heat up. The verdict was that it was a pretty good meal. I think I pulled the fish just a bit early in an effort to not overcook them. But is was still really good, and I have not cooked fish very often, so I just need to cook some more fish to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment