Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Born Filet

Ok, so there is no such thing as a new born filet....at least that I know of. Let me explain. We welcomed a new addition to our family this week and we have had a great support network of family and friends bringing food and helping out in various ways. Tonight we had some friends of ours bring us some prime filet from the local butcher shop for our dinner tonight.

I must confess that to date I have been a supermarket meat kind of guy. So I don't know if it was the cut of meat, or my second go round with the filet on the BGE that caused the significant improvement, but needless to say, my wife and I enjoyed one of the better steaks we have had in quite a while!

I basically just seasoned the steak with a little coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, with a splash of Dales sauce. From there it was your basic T-rex cook.



I had the egg up to just under 700 degrees and seared the meat for about two minutes on each side and then shut everything down and just let the steaks continue to cook for another 3-5 min till the meat temp was 140 degrees. This was a nice cook just shy of Medium, which is exactly how my wife likes her steaks.



The end result....Absolutely fantastic. I mean this was as good of a steak as I have had in a long time and it made for an excellent dinner and evening!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, congratulations!

    Nice job on the filet, I've never had a prime one. Look at that gorgeous marbling in those, wow!

    ReplyDelete