Monday, January 3, 2011

30 Min Brine

I was loading up on some BGE charcoal from my local supplier and they were giving away a free box of 30 min brine. How can you pass that up?


So I thought I would smoke a chicken tonight with a variety of veggies. First I prepared my veggies so they would be ready to go, then I followed the instructions to get the brine ready. I also made sure not to neglect the oft overlooked key ingredient to every good cook!


So after brining the chicken, no longer than 30 min according to the instructions, I threw the chicken and veggies on the Egg for an indirect cook at about 375 degrees. I used apple wood chips for the smoke.


I cooked the chicken for a little over an hour till the breast meat reached 175 degrees, all the while occasionally stirring the veggies. When everything was done, I pulled it off, carved it up, and chowed down!


At the end of the day, it was pretty good, but I did not think the 30 min Brine provided enough flavor to not need some added rub or seasoning, which I elected not to add. Oh well....a so/so meal on the egg is better than any fast food I could have picked up, and the veggies were right on time.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen that one, but like you, would be doubtful on the 30 minute claim. I agree 100% with your closing sentiment!

    ReplyDelete