Sunday, June 12, 2011

Juicy Lucy!


Well, I have come to find out that I had previously been cooking this burger under the wrong name. A burger made with two patties and cheese in the middle is in fact called a Juicy Lucy....or so says The Travel Channel's Man vs. Food. Just having the name correct added that special bit of magic that makes this one of my favorite burgers!



I used some good ol' ground beef (nothing fancy here) and made two fairly thing patties. Next I folded up a piece of Amercian cheese into fours and placed it in the middle of one patty.



After that I formed the two patties together into one (and repeated the process 4 times) and then cooked the burgers on the grill (at about 400 degrees) for 8-9 min on one side and then flipped to the other side for an additional 8-9 min. I let the burgers and primarily the cheese, cool for a few min and then served with some sweet potato fries. Careful, the cheese stays warm for quite a while (which is great)! Hard to beat a good homemade burger!

12 comments:

  1. Nice looking burgers! I have been lucky enough to have eaten Juicy Lucys at both the Minneapolis bars that claim to have invented them - Matt's and the 5-8 Club. Matt's makes the better burger, but the 5-8 has onion strings. Tough call. I'll have to give them a try at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking burgers. I will give it a try with some pepper jack cheese.

    Lawrence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jucy Lucys rock and they leave so much to the cooks discretion when it comes to flavorings. I want to try chopping up a cooked ABT and stuffing it in a burger or two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinatng. Learn something new every day. Had never heard of a Juicy Lucy. Thanks food-fire for the background info. The burgers look great!

    Gary & Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watched the same episode and my kids love these burgers. Feel free to check out my blog and let me know what you think.

    http://mikes-biggreenegg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. anda sering keusahan karena harus menggunakan vpn saat main idn poker ? cek blog ini deh : pokerninja

    ReplyDelete
  7. bermain di situs IDN Poker di jamin dapat banyak keuntungan dan bonus besar setiap hari dengan permainan judi yang lengkap akan mempermudah anda mendapatkan keutungan dan bonus setiap hari dengan pelayanan 24jam yang bisa mendukung anda untuk bermain dengan lancar. dengan metode deposit bisa melalui Bank lokal dan E-wallet.
    https://fontlibrary.org/en/member/idnpokeruangasli88

    ReplyDelete