Sunday, February 13, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pieces

Tonight I cooked a BBQ chicken (in pieces) for my family. I also had a couple of request for basic ol' bonless, skinless so you will see that on there as well.


I rinsed and wiped down the chicken and then added a light coating of EVOO. Next came a liberal application of Evan's Rub and then the chicken was off to the fridge. Based on what I have read on various blogs, if you leave the meat uncovered in the fridge for a couple of hours it will dry out the skin and allow for a crispier cook.




I cooked the chicken at with a direct cook at 250 degrees for about 1.5 hours flipping every 30 min. I started off skin side down. After the second flip I started applying my BBQ sauce. Now, I was not able to leave the chicken in the fridge to dry out for very long so I cranked the heat up a bit and flipped the chicken frequently to crisp up the skin.

All in all, it was delicious, and with a little better organization and time management it would have been perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good! I need to BBQ some chicken soon, it's been more than a month. What kind of sauce is yours, something a little sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sauce has a sweet initial taste with some subtle heat that comes a little later.

    ReplyDelete