Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day after Thanksgiving Fajitas?

Yep, that's right...at our house we went with all to popular tradition of Fajitas on the Egg on the day after Thanksgiving. I had a buddy over and we were cooking most of the day and watching football. We decided to do something a little different so we went with Fajitas. I got this recipe from Nibble Me This. It was great. I followed it to the T except I did not have any Tequila for the marinade, so just click on the above link for the recipe. The finishing sauce was the perfect touch!


I used a Flank Steak that was nearly 2lbs and while it was great, I prefer my meat to be a little thinner in a fajita so I might a different piece of meat next time. But that is just me.


After about 5 min per side at a temp of about 500 degrees, we threw some veggies on the grill (yes, I need a cast iron skillet!), and then served everything up for a nice holiday lunch!

1 comment:

  1. Or....you need a cast iron grate with a griddle insert. Like the one I'm giving away on my blog in December :)

    Thanks for the link. You're right, that is a huge flank. Mine are usually a buck and a quarter.

    ReplyDelete