Thursday, May 27, 2010

Suck Creek Wings

I had my father in law in town the other night and realized that I had cooked my whole repitoire of food for him (all 6 items) except wings....so it was time to bust out the Suck Creek Wings sauce!

I cooked a batch of hot wings with the Suck Creek sauce and a batch of sweet soy wings. I have gotten into the habit where I cook my wings with a minamalist spirit. I take the wings out of the pack, rinse, and throw them on the grill over direct heat at about 300 degrees. I cooked them for about 25-30 min flipping them every ten min or so. After 30 min, I increased the heat to 400-425 degrees and cooked the wings for an additional 10 to 15 min to really crisp them up (that is how my wife likes them).


I then took the wings off and cut them up and dipped and coated them in either the warm sweet soy sauce or the warm Suck Creek Wings sauce. I served these with my current favorite side, sweet potato fries, and had a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment